Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Pedestrian Poem

Mad World

By Tony Qu

I once thought of the world I used to live in
Once  belonged,
Communicated and was communicated to,
Loved and was loved.
But where is all that now?

I walk down this empty street
A boulevard of captured souls
Not too long ago were we drifting spirits
Freed from the cursed boxes
How did we get here?
I wonder.

These abandoned streets
Patrolled by a police
No, that was before
A robot,
It stops me in my tracks and arrests me for walking.
A mad world we truly live in.                                          
                                                                            Qu Photography ©                


No longer is there passion or desire                    
A human’s will to live for a purpose                                   
No anxiousness for tomorrow                                                        
A mad world,
Caged within itself.

1 comment:

  1. Nice and appropriate photo! I liked your poem's imagery. Good job.

    ReplyDelete